Steady Property Management
WE DO NOT ACCEPT COMPREHENSIVE REUSABLE TENANT SCREENING REPORTS
Your application will NOT be processed without a prior visit to the property, or by making previous arrangements by contacting our office.
Steady Property Management does business in accordance with the Federal, State and Local Fair Housing laws and welcome Persons of all Race, Color, Disability, Religious Creed, Ancestry, Sex, Familial Status, Sexual Preference, Gender Identity, Age and National Origin. We process applications and score is on the criteria described in this policy. We select the best-qualified tenant based on the highest scoring application. We do not accept comprehensive reusable tenant screening reports
Each application requires that we process credit, civil and criminal records, verify leasing history, income and current employment. Criminal records are considered on a case by case basis. Factors such as your move in date, pets and your behavior and cooperation with our staff may also be considered in the application decision.
IN ORDER TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION, WE WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- A completed application – We must have a separate completed application for anyone 18+ years old that will be living at the property. Please be sure to complete all fields as we only process fully completed applications.
- A copy of your government issued photo ID
- Proof of income for all applicants- Applicants must provide verification of legal income sufficient to meet the rent to income ratio. Examples of verification include, but are not limited to, last two paycheck stubs, payroll report from employer for at least the two most recent pay periods, current proof of government income (such as Social Security, disability, welfare, etc.), proof of retirement income, liquid assets (e.g. savings/bank account, stocks), proof of spousal and/or child support, or any other legal verifiable income. Verification of more than two pay periods may be required if the income is not consistent. If the applicant is hired but has not received a pay stub yet, a written letter of hire from employer detailing wage/salary, position and start date is required.
- Self-employed applicants must provide a copy of the previous year’s tax return in in Q1 or Q2 of the year. In Q3 and Q4, applicant must also provide documentation of the current year’s financial performance in addition to last year’s tax return. Gross income is calculated as total income before taxes less child/spousal support, debt service, payroll garnishments for loans, taxes, child/spousal support, etc. Tax free income is divided by .85 to account for the difference in taxed and non-taxed income such as social security, disability or state support.
- $42 non-refundable screening fee per application. PLEASE NOTE, SINCE WE INCUR COSTS TO PROCESS AND SCREEN EACH APPLICATION, APPLICATION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
APPLICATIONS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- VISIT TO THE PROPERTY: You are required to view the property prior to applying.
- POINT SYSTEM: Applications are processed on a point system and scored based upon factors including, but not limited to: rental history, income, employment eviction history and credit score. If your application does not meet our minimum qualifications, an additional security deposit may be required.
- MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS: In the case where we receive more than one application on a property, we will process ALL applications and approve the highest scored applicant. If your application is approved with less points, we do hold applications open for 60 days. You may apply your pre-approved application towards any of our other properties within those 60 days WITHOUT having to pay an application fee again, HOWEVER, we will need to be able to re-verify income.
- EVERY APPLICANT MUST FILL OUT AN ANIMAL APPLICATION: Whether you are applying with or without a pet, you MUST fill out the pet application found in the link below. Just copy and paste the link into your browser and follow the prompts YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE WITHOUT THIS FILLED OUT. The cost is $20 for the first pet, and $15 for each pet thereafter. There is $0 cost for service animals or no pets. https://steadypm.petscreening.com/
- DELAYED APPLICATION: Steady Property Management cannot be held responsible if your application is delayed or denied because our inquiries to verify information from outside sources is delayed, denied or ignored
- APPLICATION TIME FRAME: Applications are processed in 1-3 business days. The time required varies based on the responsiveness of your landlords and employers and other business demands. Steady PM uses a third party to process all applications.
- IF APPROVED: Please note, if approved, Steady Property Management will require the reservation fee to be paid by 9:30am the following business day.
Steady Property Management has made every effort to accurately represent the property in all marketing and communications. The property will be in rent ready condition including a thorough cleaning and everything should be in good working order. This does not mean it will be perfect. The property is accepted by you in its current cosmetic condition no further cosmetic alterations will be made. You will have signed a binding lease before move in. If for ANY reason you decide not to accept the property you will be held legally responsible for the term of the lease according to WA statues. Applicant/Tenant agrees to accept the property “AS IS”. Provided the property meets normal and ordinary standards of safety, health and livability.
Steady Property Management does business in accordance with the Federal, State and Local Fair Housing laws and welcome Persons of all Race, Color, Disability, Religious Creed, Ancestry, Sex, Familial Status, Sexual Preference, Gender Identity, Age and National Origin. We process applications and score is on the criteria described in this policy. We select the best-qualified tenant based on the highest scoring application. We do not accept comprehensive reusable tenant screening reports.